What you will need:
💙2 16oz sugar cookie packages, (dough spreads easier when it has been sitting at room temperature for a bit)
❤️2 8oz packages of cream cheese, (best at room temperature)
❤️1-2 packages of fresh strawberries
💙 1 large package of blueberries
❤️1/2-1 cup of sugar
💙almond extract (or vanilla)
❤️ 1 jar of peach preserves
💙1-3 tablespoons flour
How to make:
* Using one large (or two small) nonstick pans, roll or spread out the sugar cookie dough. Use the flour to help spread the dough. Make it about a quarter of an inch thick.
* Bake the dough according to the cookie package.
* While dough is baking, grab a medium-sized bowl and add the cream cheese.
* Add the almond extract (or vanilla) and sugar to taste. I use about 2 teaspoons of extract and a 1/4- 1/2 cup of sugar. You want the mix to be sweet, but not too sweet!
* Once dough is done, take it out and cool completely.
* While dough is cooling, prep the fruit. Cut the strawberries into rounds; cut the bananas last, because they brown easily.
* Once the dough is completely cool, you can either use the pan it is in or cut it into squares and transfer to a square platter, (do not be concerned about how it looks when it is transferred, it will be covered in fruit shortly).
* Take the cream cheese frosting and spread evenly across the sugar cookie.
* Take the cut up strawberries, bananas and whole blueberries and arrange in any pattern until the pizza is covered in fruit! This is where you can be creative and add a patriotic flare.
* Use 2 -3 tablespoons of peach preserves and 2 tablespoons of water and combine in a pot over high heat to make a glaze.
* Spread the glaze evenly over the fruit to add an extra sweetness and keep the fruit looking fresh!