Good American Jeans, or is it?
So, like most of us, I was on Instagram and saw an ad for Khloe Kardashian‘s Good American clothing line. Like a moth to a flame, I went to the website and was super excited to finally see jeans that were meant for “curvy” girls.
I consider myself shapely. I’m super short, have a pretty extensive backside, (ha) and child-bearing hips. Ironically, I have these hips and never gave birth vaginally. What a waste, right? (I’ve got jokes). So, of course, I went overboard and bought three pairs of Good American Jeans.
Here are my thoughts:
1. I found that they run WAY too big. I ended up buying a size down from my normal size and after 15 minutes of having them on, they stretched, darn near a full size.
2. The high waist is perfect. I love a good high waist, (especially after having kids, low-cut jeans give me a full bakery of muffin tops). The high waist is comfortable and hits just at the right place to rock a bodysuit or even a crop-top.
3. The pockets are meant for those with a little extra junk in the trunk. The pockets are not too detailed, too long or too short. You know how some pockets make your butt look flat and weird? Good American pockets are at the perfect length to enhance and give great shape to my derrière.
4. They are stretchy! I love a little give. But for me, these have a little too much give.
5. They ripped! After about an hour of wearing them, (remember, they are a little big), I sat down and right next to the distressed part, the actual jean fabric tore a little. This, of course, made me slightly nervous that I might bust completely out of them! I didn’t. But I feel that if something like this happens on my first pair, I either got a bad pair OR the material is cheap.
Final Verdict: When it’s all said and done, I like the jeans. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being don’t buy them and 10 being I’ll trade you a child for them: I’d give them a solid 7. Would I buy them again….maybe.
Likes: I loved the high waist, the pockets and the complete look.
Dislikes: I’m not sure if they are worth the $$$, but if you have some extra cash and want to try for yourself, I say go for it!
Do you or someone you know own a pair? If so, what are your thoughts?
Join the discussion below, let me know your thoughts and if you didn’t like them, tell me why.