My Elf on the Shelf fun!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Why do you ask? Not because of sleigh bells, mistletoe and holiday cheer, but because the Elf on the Shelf is back! A few years back, a sweet angel of a woman bought an elf for our home as a gift for the kids. Ever since then, IT HAS BEEN A BEAUTIFUL NIGHTMARE! Beautiful for my kids, because their little faces light up every time our elf, (now many elves and a reindeer) appear. It’s a nightmare for me because I am over-wrecking my brain, year after year, trying to come up with new ideas to outdo the year before. I have had to get up at 4:00 am to move the damn elves because it would slip my mind. Then I continued to lie to them when I forget to move them altogether. Telling them things like, “The elf didn’t move, because you must have touched it and its magic went to the North Pole for the day. Therefore, it cannot and will not move. Oh, and it gets better! I have even gone as far as packing up our elf brigade and bringing them out of the country, to Mexico, to keep the elf tradition going while we vacationed over Christmas!
I am seriously running out of ideas, and I am quite frankly OVER those skinny little pointy-hat-wearing terrors! I am considering setting up a crime scene where the elves have a shootout, and they all end up DEAD!
However, today I am going to share my top ten elf moments with you! Here are some fun, naughty and epic ideas!
- Elves Bearing Gifts: Every kid loves when their elves give them a little treat before Christmas! Our elves brought the girls matching pajamas with their pictures on it!
- Elf Minions: Our elves turned our bananas into little Minions! They took a sharpie, drew on their faces and used glue to add googly eyes! Super cute!
- Elf Poo: Every year, those naughty elves love to gross the kids out! Whether they drop Hershey Kiss poop on the ground or they use a potty filled with Tootsie Roll poop, equipt with chocolate syrup drizzle and toilet paper. Oh, how they get a kick out of grossing the kids out, (one of my favorite ideas, HA)!
- Elf Villain: Every year, there is a villain that tries to kidnap the elf. They trap them and tie them up! Last year, Barbie tied up one of the elves and dangled them above a pot of water! The year before that, Jasmine tied one up and trapped them in a blender! But, year after year, the elves are magically saved, and the villain is punished and banished… until they come back to torture the elves again the next year!
- Elf Angels: Those silly elves LOVE to play in the snow, so they take some flour and get to work making elf angels in the kitchen.
- Elf Candy Countdown: Using any type of candy, the elves like to write out how many days there are before Christmas is here. Simple and easy.
- Elf Teepee: This is one of their favorites. Those sneaky elves wait until the kids are sleep and teepee their rooms! The kids’ reactions are priceless. All you need is a roll of toilet paper!
- Frozen, Elf Edition: This one is a little bit more complicated, but has a really excellent effect! I will post the link to show how it’s done, (I was up several times during the night to make sure it was working). https://www.facebook.com/elfontheshelfandmyself/videos/1655657381374216/
- Elf Rainbow Experiment: The elves left my kids a bag of skittles and instructions on how to make an elf rainbow, only adding a little water, (it is extremely easy). Here is the link for directions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KetiRIlef6c
- Last, but not least, Elf Whipped Cream: This one is the most epic for the elves. They grab a can of whipped cream, and while the girls are snug in their beds, they put whipped cream in their hands and even some on their nose. As soon as your little angels wake up and rub their sleepy eyes… CREAM to the face! I think this one made me laugh the hardest. They were so confused!
There you have it! My top 10 Elf on the Shelf ideas. If you try one, please tag me in your post!
With that said, have a VERY happy holiday and let the elf games begin!